🎙 Here is episode 7 of Moments Musicaux. The podcast of Concerts Lachine
Podcast Show Notes (this episode is presented in French):
- The first movement, Allegro of the Brandenburg Concerto No.3 by J.S. Bach interpreted by l’Ensemble Caprice directed by Matthias Maute.
- Interview with Matthias Maute, the founder and co-artistic director of l’Ensemble Caprice.
- L’Ensemble Caprice directed by Matthias Maute performs a short and delicious piece, Xàcara, taken from the collection of primarily Spanish pieces called Flores de Mùsica, and composed between 1706 and 1709. This is followed by the mythical Adagio attributed to Tomaso Albinoni.
- Stéphane Tétreault (cello) and Marie-Ève Scarfone (piano) perform an excerpt from the Divertimento in D major by Joseph Haydn
- Interview with the cellist, Stéphane Tétreault.
- Stéphane Tétreault plays works by Dmitri Shostakovich (arrangement by Ewen Tsai for 3 cellos of the Waltz No.2 from the Jazz Suite) and le Cygne by Camille Saint-Saëns with the superb Québec harpist, Valérie Milot.
- The theme of this podcast is performed by the pianist Élisabeth Pion. https://vimeo.com/486955885